Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Free Pattern: Bow

So… this is a variation of this pattern. I wasn’t happy with the way the pattern looked, it was WAY too finicky and the ties were a bit too long for my liking.



The pattern still needs some work but here it is if you are interested:
ch 62
dc in 4th ch, dc 4, hdc 2, sc, sl st 2, sc, hdc 2, dc 12, hdc 2, sc, sl st 2, sc, hdc 2, dc 12, hdc 2, sc, sl st 2, sc, hdc 2, dc 5, ch 3, sl st in last ch, working down other side of ch, ch 3, dc 5, hdc 2, sc, sl st 2, sc, hdc 2, dc 12, hdc 2, sc, sl st 2, sc, hdc 2, dc 12, hdc 2, sc, ch 12, dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in remaining ch, sk sl st, sl st, sc, hdc 2, dc 5, ch 3, sl st in base of beginning ch 4
finish off
fold bow so the 3 thinner parts layer on top of each other, wrap the extra row of dc around and sew it into place! TADA! An awesome bow!

*pattern has been updated to eliminate the extra ch, I missed a stitch when writing it originally!

3 comments:

  1. I made this twice today and had 2 extra chains each time so I think it should be chain 61 instead of 63.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'll re-test it this week and try to figure out why I have the wrong number of starting chains.

      Delete
  2. Great pattern! I attached it to a hair clip and added it to a hat I made.

    ReplyDelete